Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer is about to come to an end....

It is just about over. Tracie is about to start back to school, the beach trips are done, and football is just about all anyone is talking about, at least in the company I keep. I even just dropped off some arrows to have fletched. It has been a great summer though. We have been pretty laid back this past couple of weeks. Trying to do some things with the kids to keep them busy, and giving Tracie the time she needs to get everything she has going on done, before it is school full time again. So much rain kept our two inside the past 10 days or so....that makes for some wild afternoons in the house. We feel like we are in the yard cutting and trimming biz with all the rain....fun fun.
Tracie and I did have the opportunity to send our precious children to hang out with their grandparents this past weekend. We just thought they all needed some together time...she and I spent our freedom going to a Red Birds game in Memphis, which was much fun. Got to spend the evening with some great friends and eat at the Rendezvous....those are great ribs, almost as good as mine. We did feel a little guilty when a some other friends called us while we where there to say they were in Memphis with like aged children seeing Dora Live.....what C&N don't know won't hurt them.
I went down and got the kids at Parks Mill Sunday. Got to visit with M&D, and Kelli and Marc. N&C love seeing the aunt kelli. I am pretty sure it is party USA when Kelli is in charge. For some reason that is all they can talk about on the way there and when we leave. Dad and I checked on some mineral stations and pulled some cameras (probably broke Matt's). Got some pics of some pretty good deer already. There is a lot of grass that has got to be cut b/t now and when we start spraying and disking, not that we don't already have alot of open ground, we are riding around looking at place we can expand or clear. It's all fun though, some of my best times are working out there.
Dad took me down and showed me his current project on the river. He is building a pavilion and then starting his camp house. He told me he as drove every nail....but I am pretty sure the nail gun was done there. I know what he is saying though. Building another river camp has been a plan of his for a long time and he has worked down there any chance he could this summer. We have spent so much time and energy at Parks Mill, we have neglected a beautiful place on the River. Dad grew up fishing and hunting down there and then got involved with a Newton County woman and the rest was history. That is going to be a great place for Noah, Carson, and _________ .
We also spent a little time shooting at some turtles that where apparently doing harm to the River...
Camp house is planned to go to the North of the pavilion. The floor of it will need to be about 14' high...that's a little taller than the ceiling joist of the pavilion.

Tracie and I went over our schedule for the Fall over the weekend and the kids are going to be lucky to make it to the First of the year if they have to depend on their father this much. Tracie enrolled in Grad school last week, that will be Monday and Thursday, she has choir on Wed night followed by a disciple class that we started in the spring that will start back and she is playing club tennis and church softball.....Noah starts full time preK at FUMC after Labor day and some where in there I plan to attend most of MSU and OM's home games along with a couple or 10 so deer hunts thrown in.....and then we wonder sometimes why the days seem to go by so fast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.