We have enjoyed spending most of August around the house. Tracie and I call it our pre-game house work before the football season starts. I think we have all the chores done and even added some things for the the two that will keep them occupied outside while (a). mom and dad are at MSU/OM watching a game or (b). mom and dad are inside watching a game. Serious stuff around our house. Of course one of us is REALLY excited about the upcoming season....even talking her husband into spending a morning in Oxford getting season ticket....promises made. Oxford is a great little town, with good restaurants and social settings, one of my favorite places for lunch...it's just the university associated with the town that I get caught up with....but I'm sure that Tracie feels the same about Starkville and MSU. This mixed marriage thing keeps life interesting. We are headed to MSU this weekend to watch State play JSU. It will be great to be back in the Junction with friends.
We took a break from house work this past weekend to spend some time at ParksMill. I took a couple of days off and helped Dad get some things done on the place. I think we are in good shape with the clipping and spraying. Dad finished up the last field Sunday after sending us home...so I guess we are ready to plant. Now we could use a little rain. Tracie, N, & C came down on Friday. Tracie was their to help prepare for Matt and Jenn's baby shower. Little ___________ will be here in about 2 months. Matt and Jen are keeping the baby's name to themselves....Noah is pulling for Jack. I hear the shower went well and the child will not have to go home from the hospital wrapped in a sheet. Bless their hearts....they need all they can get.....
We got a lot of work done, but we did manage to sneak off one afternoon to go and check out dad's summer project. He has got his slab poured on his River place. Looks great and coming along quick.
I made it back to Tupelo on Sunday to begin the re-construction of a play ground for the kids. Some may call me cheap....Iprefer thrifty. We have been wanting to get the kids one of those, in Noah's word, "super awesome" playgrounds. Well, they are $1,200 at Lowes...so I have been looking for one that someone will sell. Luckily a family down the block in our 'hood is moving and did not want to take apart the one they had bought a couple of years ago. I paid the nice lady and she "let" me remove it from her yard. With a little help and Kimbrough's trailer 4 of us moved the playhouse/slide/monkey bars contraption to our back yard. (something else to mow around). It is a hit with the two though. They have played on it everyday since. I plan to get the monkey bars and swing in place this week. Poor deprived children that they are!
A little last minute update, I took C to get her first haircut today. Noah went first to show her how easy it was and how to act and she was perfect. Of course she loves anyone showing her attention and telling her she's pretty...and Ms. Christy did plenty of that.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.