It is my favorite time of the year, and living in Tupelo now, we actually get seasons. The fall colors have been great this year, and the weather is outstanding. We have been spending as much time in the out of doors as possible, at least we did until the time changed....which I was against. No time to do anything when you get home now.
I was feeling bad about not updating the blog, we have just been busy, but then I got to looking around at some other friends, and I see we are not the only ones. With Tracie working and in school two nights a week, and all the rest we have going on...the days fly.
The kids are having a great year. Noah is loving school and lil' C is the queen at Debbies. Today was the annual Thanksgiving "Feast" and program for the pre school at church. We should have charged admission. Probably 300 plus in attendance to see kids and grand kids. I don't think there was a person left working in down town Tupelo. Great time though. Noah and his class did great as did all the other classes. Lots of proud mommas and dads. Tracie even got to take a 1/2 day from school and come over....when she got there is realized why subs where so hard to find....all the teachers where there. Not a lot accomplished anywhere today. Tracie did manage to get our Christmas tree up. Early, we know, but it was a convienent time for us and now she can decorate the rest of the house and the tree before we head South for Thanksgiving.

We have spent most of the Fall attending football games in Starkville and Oxford, I guess the only MSU game I have not been to was the weekend OM played BAMA, and T has been to a couple of OM games with friends leaving me to tend to the kids....We are both still pleased with of our teams, she more than I maybe. But State is headed in the right direction, some tough losses. We have had a grand time tailgating even though it seemed to rain every Saturday for the first couple of months. Kinda glad it is winding up though. The Rebels will most likely be in some kind of bowl that we will have to attend, but the focus will move to lots of hunting going forward. Look out Shreveport.......
The view from Club is just a little different than our seats across the way....it only took a pint of blood and some shady concession.

Through rain, sleet, or hail, and $10 to the nice man delivering the hay. There have been a lot of special conditions to tailgate this year. I would bet that the Universities are going to have to spend $s and have a wait and see approach to see if they have any grass come up next spring.

All others things considered, the biggest news of the Fall for our family has been the addition of another Mallard. Matt and Jenn welcomed Evan James into the world last month. All is going well. They are going to be great. The coming home of EJ did prompt a good bit of attention at the camp to make an effort to do some cleaning. Several of us spent a Sunday moving everything out of the Barn and cleaning from the bottom up. We also rearranged and got the place ready to host Thanksgiving. N&C's room is ready and we made them some more space. THANKS MOSTLY TO AUNT KELLI.
Matt feeding EJ in the new play room downstairs.
Kelli working hard to get the Barn clean.I hope to continue to do better at the blogging, though I think the calender going forward to Jan 1 is just about filled up with something. B/T church, parties for kids and grown ups, and running back and forth hunting somewhere it will be January 2010 before we know it. Fun times though.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.