Friday, December 4, 2009

Enjoyed Thanksgiving, and.............Here Come Christmas


We sure do seem to bunch up our holidays. Seems like Thanksgiving takes forever to get here and then in a day it is done.....and the count down to Christmas is on. Fun time though. We left Tupelo and headed South Tuesday before turkey day and stayed through Sunday. Good time had by all. I think I gained a pound or two and I know I consumed more dessert than I have in the past several months.

We stayed at the Barn, and everything worked out well. The new arrangement helped with traffic flow and getting the two their own play room helped much. We had more food than could feed twice as many people. It is just hard to control some of the chefs in the family. Between Aunt Kelli (bacon wrapped shrimp kabobs), Tracie (pecan pie), Momma (dressings galore and many breakfasts) and myself (stuff venison tenderloin....I also cooked two turkeys at one time, smoked and fried) there was never any hunger in the house.
I am still not even close to getting to set at the grown up table....
Tools of a master....turkey be ware....the egg is the easiest thing to cook on since the microwave.

Not very many deer, but some great time with T. Could not imagine a better way to spend an afternoon.
Lovin Aunt Kelli.
..........and marsh mellows.
they even let dad play. It was fun for a while.....but then it got real cold. Tracie was a real trooper. I think this was on Friday and she had been up since about 4 to shop black Friday.
the skinning room would be on your left and mine and Matt's old room to the right. Looks different huh?

Lest I forget....there was one other thing.
.........there was a little football game played on Saturday that many of us had an interest in. The Egg Bowl is not something that T and I watch together. I think we have twice....once, our first together, before marriage and I think we where in DC and could not watch it with anyone else and then Eli's senior year (in the rain and a beating by OM) I think that is when she decided I was a keeper. Since then it has just been best to watch it on our own with kin....somebody ain't going to be happy with the outcome. We handle it well, just maybe not in the first 15 minutes after the fact. It is best to give a little time.


State won, and it was a great day to be a Bulldog. Dad and I went, and it is a memory we will share for a long time, we've got a few of those, and several on that campus. Great way to end the year and it really does look like things are headed in the right direction...at both schools. Not much use to gloat....history tells us that have seen a few of these that roles can be reversed pretty quick. Besides, when you sleep with the rival....it can get lonely on the couch if you say too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.