Sunday, March 21, 2010

Opening Weekend of Turkey Season




The Tupelo Mallards headed South to ParksMill for the opening weekend of Turkey Season. The kids and I left around lunch Friday and made our way down in time for Noah, Grandaddy, and I to make a quick round on the bb to check a couple of spots and to just get a look at the place. Seems like forever since we have been home. Carson wanted to stay where her Muggie, which was good with us. Tracie managed to make it down about dark or so, we had a huge supper, and alot of visiting to catch up on. The Barn is so much fun when everyone is there. Matt, Jen and EJ made it in just in time for supper. EJ is getting BIG.

This time of year, the wooods are just bare from a long winter, and it seems like you can see about a mile. Makes for hard hunting, and I just don't think the woods are to pretty right now. I always look forward to that first green of Spring, it just seems to make everything better to the eye.

Great family weekend. We got to visit plenty at the Barn and had lunch with Clarks. The are doing alot of remodeling, and thier place will just be that much more fun for this summer.
Turkeys where pretty shy, a good bit of gobbling Saturday morning, but not much co-operation from the birds. Matt and I hunted Sunday morning, with zero activity and I went Monday morning before heading back to Tupelo, no luck for the weekend. First time in a while one of us has not gotten one opening weekend. Better weather is ahead though.

Tracie, the kids and I rode down to the River Sunday morning. It so pretty down there. We are looking forward to being able to spend some time down there this summer. Noah love its.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.