Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This weather is great


I think this weather has finally gotten to me. I have been patient and understanding now for about 2 months. I understand where we live and the fact that the worst of our weather year is typically in February.....but it seems like this has been an especially tough Feb. I am just tired of the cold, tired of the wet, and ready to see the sun shine. I hope March brings with it some warmer days, and at least some sun. The kids rarely get to go outside, and then it is only for a few minutes before they get to cold and have to come back. I really cannot remember this much cold weather for so long. Maybe the penitence we are paying now will mean a summer of sun with highs of about 80.....I am really ready to head some where warm with sand and some waves. Hopefully soon.


We have had some fun lately. We celebrated the boy's 5th birthday this past week. Good time had by all, due to the WEATHER, we had a birthday party at the gym at FUMC. It was a lot of fun. Well attended, no fights, broken bones, or strange parents. Easily a 9. Tracie did a great job of planning and getting everything together. All I did was show up with the kids.



It has been a quick wonderful 5 years. We where living in a single wide trailer house on the other side of the lake when Noah was born...since then we have moved twice, from one end of the State to the other, had a front row seat to the Nations largest natural disaster, and he picked up a little sister along the way. It has been a great ride though. I can't begin to imagine the next 5 years. Wow....we will have a 10 year old and an 8. And I will be 35.....that just sounds old.
March bring hope though. There have got to be some warmer days in there somewhere. Tracie gets a week off, and turkey season starts. Those are some things to look forward to. We have spent most of the past two months in Tupelo, but with turkey season starting soon, I would imagine we will be heading South fairly regularly with a couple of extended trips thrown in for some hunts with friends. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.