Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer is starting

You can really tell summer is here. Things are getting busy in the afternoons. Tracie and I spent our Saturday building new beds around the deck and planting flowers. It turned out well I think. We are pleased anyway. The back of the house looks better than the front, I guess we spend more time back here. the deck is great, we have shade by 4pm everday...which leads to other vices.We had alot of help from our two. They spent most of the day on the slip'n slide. Tough life they lead. They better get ready for hard times, their mother is leaving them in my care for the weekend while she jets around DC, another one living a tough life. I imagine we will be seeing the GP's shortly after mom's plane leaves. Plan on spending at least one day on the river with N and Dad.
Planting flowers is fun, but I would rather be fishing or swimming. Our two are taking lessons this week. One is a natural, loves it......the other one, not so much, but I guess he will get the hang of it before long.
Mine and dad's fishing trip was great, but the one that got away made us ready for more. Dad and I are not exactly Bill Dance and Scott Brown, bass is not are specialty, but we managed to catch a few and really did lose a big fish. The Parks Mill Lake is doing well. Looking forward to going back. Caught most everything on a white spinner bait. Dad's minnow idea was not the hit he was expecting.

Listened to the Mississippi game last night. They are yet again perched on the eve of an oppurtunity to go to Omaha.......we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.